A children’s author once said, “There is no substitute for the face-to-face interaction that comes from visiting stores and greeting an audience.”
Author J. Steven Spires agrees. One of the ways he connects with his readers is through book signings. The author enjoys meeting children and families who have come to check out and purchase his latest kid’s book, “Three Little Shrimp.”
Book Signings are Good For All
As a children’s book author, Steve believes that taking children to meet authors at book signings is good for all:
1. It’s good for the children to talk to an author and learn more about story writing.
2. It’s good for parents, grandparents or guardians to listen and understand their children’s view on books.
3. It’s great for authors and no one is more honest than children with respect to likes and dislikes.
With all these advantages, book signings can be very important to all!
1. Book at least two to three months in advance. Please suggest three different times for the author to choose from. Contact Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. J. Steven Spires will sign as many copies of the book as an attendee wishes.
3. J. Steven is happy to personalize all books. Inscriptions can be unlimited, but will always include names. Post-It Notes are available to insure that all names are spelled correctly.
4. J. Steven will take photos with fans while their book is being signed. A 3LS (Three Little Shrimp) team member or bookstore employee will be happy to assist you.
Contact J. Steven for a book signing here.
Thursday- Saturday, October 6-8
Louisiana Reading Association Conference
Sam’s Town Hotel and Gambling Hall
Shreveport, LA address
10 AM – 4 PM
Saturday, October 15
New Orleans Ole Miss Club Book Signing
Artists’ Galleries de Juneau (Slidell, LA)
Saturday, October 29
Louisiana Book Festival
Artists’ Galleries de Juneau (Slidell, LA) address